There is currently one open position that we are looking to fill. If you have great organizational and interpersonal skills, lots of enthusiasm, and enjoy working in a small office environment, then we would love to have you join our team.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Complaints Coordinator (March 2018)
Reports to the Staff Lawyer
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Staff Lawyer and also working with Inspectors, the Investigation Committee (IC) and its Chair, the Complaints Coordinator will provide organizational, document management and administrative support to both the Complaints and Discipline processes of the College.
• Process complaints from the initial stage to the closing stage
• Provide document management and administrative support for the Staff Lawyer, Inspectors and IC
• Compile documents for the IC meeting agenda
• Organize IC meetings
• Draft and implement IC minutes
• Track all complaints and discipline case progression and conclusions
• Manage electronic and hard copies of all complaints and discipline documentation
• Answer phone calls and emails from Registrants, the public, and the IC
• Provide general and communications support to management
• Assist with filing and archiving of College documents
• Assist with other office duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
• Successful LAA or paralegal program completion
• Previous experience in professional regulatory organizations or in litigation firms
• Fluency in English – oral, written, comprehension
• Ability to confidentially deal with sensitive information
• Ability to professionally deal with difficult situations involving Registrants and public
• Ability to professionally deal with a large number of confidential or legal documents
• Strong computer skills relating to word processing and document management (Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe)
• Polite, respectful, collegial, and attentive to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily, weekly and monthly work duties
• Ability to work in a team, independently and under time constraints