- Unauthorized Practice of Veterinary Medicine
The unauthorized practice of veterinary medicine poses a risk to the public and its animals.
- Veterinary Visit with Barkly
A video-look at a typical checkup at the vet's office
- Dental Care for Pets
Things you should know - By Loic Legendre, DVM, Diplomate (Specialist) in Animal Dentistry
- Nontherapeutic (cosmetic) Surgery Bylaw
Invitation for Public Input - deadline Fri Nov. 5, 2010
- Veterinary Care, Bills & Records
Frequently Asked Questions, incl Prescription info
- Unregulated Internet Pharmacies
The risk of un-regulated Internet Pharmacies
- Pet Food Recalls - the FDA Updates
Link to FDA lists of foods, recall notices & updates
- Scrapie Resistance in Purebred Sheep
1st Phase of Genotype Testing of BC Purebred Sheep for Scrapies Resistance Complete
- Consumer Alert on Selecting a Puppy (Designer Dogs)
Letter to the Vancouver Sun from the BCVMA
- Equine Dentistry
Veterinarians and Equine Dentistry
- Vaccinating your own pet
Information for the lay person about vaccinations
- Secondary Poisoning from Euthanasia Drug
Information on sodium pentobarbital
- BC SPCA 10 Holiday Seasonal Tips
Safety tips for pets in your home
- Animal Poison Control Centre (ASPCA)
Information to help in keeping your pets safe. Top 10 Pet Poisons of 2008
- Xylitol can be poisonous.
Xylitol, used as an artificial sweetener in things like chewing gum, can be poisonous to pets.
- Plants Can Be Poisonous.
Symptoms and poisonous plants for pets.
- PETS AND THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Helpful tips to ensure pet safety over the holiday season.
- Acetaminophen Danger to Pets
How dangerous is Acetaminophen ?
- Halloween Danger Precautions for your Pet
Halloween is a frightening time for pets.
Pet Care at Home
- Pets and Cold Weather
Top Ten Tips for Pets and Cold Weather
- Pets and Summer
Keep your pets safe and happy when summer arrives.
- Salmonella Infection in Humans from Raw Pet Foods
Natural Pet Treats, Raw Food Diets for Pets and proper handling instructions without any risk to your health.
- RAW MEAT DIETS - Prevention of Risk
Careful food preparation prevents risk to humans & animals
- Dog Bites - Protecting Children
Dogs can be friendly, and dogs can bite!
- Shelter Pup-lishing basic obedience book
A helpful resource for dog owners
Animal Disease Information
- Ticks and Lyme Disease of Pets
Frequently Asked Questions on rabies and vaccinations
- Swine Flu - BC Centre for Disease Control
Swine Flu (severe respiratory illness - SRI) information
- Canine Flu
- Methicillin-resistant Staph.aureus
Avoiding risk of transmission of MRSA to humans
- Canine & Feline Vaccines - Info
Guidelines & info from veterinary practice authorities
- BSE or "Mad Cow" Disease
From the CFIA
- Heartworm Infection
A website for info on Cdn prevalence
- Avian Influenza
Helpful information links
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Protection
- West Nile Virus in Domestic Animals
- Anthrax in Domestic Cats
Veterinary Information Brief: Responding to Concerns about Anthrax in Domestic Cats
- Cryptococcus Infection of Animals in BC - Update
- Diseases You Can Get From Wildlife in British Columbia
Pamplet available from the BC Centre for Disease Control